This summer, I have 56 full days between when I finish my job on the 21st of July to when I move into my accommodation at university on the 16th of September (that’s so scary wow). In that space of time, I would like to set myself a little summer challenge that I have entitled the “56 Days of Summer” where I post a brand new blog post every day. As I decided to not get a summer job this year, I thought that I may as well use my time wisely and use the 56 days to do things I actually want to do:
1. Focus on my blog because I thoroughly enjoy it and it would be lovely to actually have time to blog.
2. Also focus on our baby helpmeorganics and allow even more people to hear about us and our products.
3. Complete some work experience before I go to university so I can at least have an idea of what my future career may be like.
4. Discover more and more British companies like ours and embrace my patriotic-ness.
5. Go on all the wonderful days out I have either not had time for or not had the weather for over the past 12 months.
6. Finally, have some final time off before all of the chaos. I had a few months off over Christmas and it was wonderful – I feel like having a little bit of time before university really wouldn’t be a bad idea.
I have been so excited to finally have time to put into this blog. I never thought I would enjoy blogging as much as I do. At school, my least favourite subject was English, I’ve had English tutors all the way through my life, my English teachers were fed up of my face because I was always having after-school help so the fact that I have actually been able to write up to 1000 words a week and let anyone read them is astonishing to me. Definitely adding one proud of myself point to the tally.
I will be writing about a variety of things. Yes, it will still include my more normal lifestyle kind of posts but I do want to be a little more creative. I am still in the planning process but I am having to start some blog posts now as some of my most creative posts need a lot of time (exciting!)
Within my 56 posts, I would like to work with both bloggers and companies. If you are a blogger and would like to do a guest post or a collaboration (or anything really, the more creative the better) then I would be more than happy to talk about it. If you are a company and would like to have your own blog post in my little collection then I would love to hear from you. My email address is email@example.com or you can DM me on Twitter @clairesyear
I am so excited, can you tell?
On my blog this week, I will be visiting the Cheshire Show as a writer (yes I know, I can’t believe it either) and writing about my time there. If you would like to be kept updated with what I am doing then I am live tweeting throughout the day (@clairesyear) and you can subscribe to my blog and be notified when my blog post goes up! Ok, that’s it for promo thanks haha